Tuesday 1 November 2011

Doctor P - Neon



Ok, ok, ok. So I said the first song would be up yesterday (Monday). What I forgot to mention was that I was going out that night. So here I am making the first real post a day late. Sorry about that. Anyway, today I'm reviewing Doctor P's new tune Neon.

The song starts off with a fairly catchy synth lead. This synth soon evolves into a crescendo before spiralling down into the overly familiar wob-wob-wob of unoriginal dubstep. Whilst it does do this very well, there's nothing new about it. No interesting little twist or turn. To put it into perspective, I've heard this exact same beat in every other dubstep song ever (perhaps a slight exaggeration there).

To be honest, this is a review of dubstep in general and not just this song by Doctor P, who, it must be said, is one of the genre's finest artists. What this genre needs is an act that comes along with something so different yet so familiar that it revitalises the whole of this dull and drab scene.

Unfortunately, Doctor P, and more specifically, this song, is not that.

SMc

No comments:

Post a Comment