Thursday 3 November 2011

Toploader - She Said



Next song up for review is the new one from Toploader. Yep. That band that did 'Dancing In The Moonlight'.

First impressions of the song are good. Lively piano chords intertwine well with Manic Street Preachers-esque guitar to create a song that is actually really well-crafted. In fact, the whole song has a very Manics feel to it, but in a good way of course. Frontman Joe Washbourn's vocals are what really makes this song stand out though, his voice effortlessly changing from crooning to falsetto like the flick of a switch.

Frontman Joe Washbourn makes this song
(photo from Classic FM)

Overall, I'm impressed. For hours after the first listen, I found myself singing the chorus to myself again and again. Hell, I even have intentions to download it (as in pay - shock horror!). If this single is anything to go by, the album should be a cracker. While I wait for said album to drop though, I'll have this on replay and I suggest you do the same too.



Oh, I should point out here too that if you disagree with my review or just want to share your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment. I would much appreciate it!

SMc

No comments:

Post a Comment